Saturday, December 6, 2014

Dear Tom // 10 months


Into another month and the difficult stage has passed as quickly as it arrived. You have emerged out the other side as this chatty little thing with the funniest facial expressions I've ever seen. You have this rattle with bells on it which you are obsessed with and you shake it with so much enthusiasm - your mouth opened wide and your eyes squinted. Its the cutest, most hilarious thing. 

You are crawling around like a madman, I cannot believe the speed on you. You mastered the proper crawl at around 9 months after 2 months of commando crawling and you now seamlessly move from crawl to sit to stand to whatever the hell position you want to be in. You've got stuck under the bed and behind your dads filing cabinet. You love brooms (random) and love to crawl around dragging one under your arm. We have been painting the lounge room and you've been running around in your walker with your own brush, sweeping it against the walls - I don't know if its too early for copying but it sure seems like you are. You are super confident on your feet and can walk behind a walker with a bit of help so who knows.. you may walk at anytime.

We have been toying with weaning and you are happy to have a bottle whenever I give it to you instead of boob. I thought maybe it would help with sleep but um no.. no change. You are on a mission to not miss out on anything and sleep just gets in the way! I'm in two minds about stopping breastfeeding but we want to think about another baby in the new year and I wouldn't mind a bit of my body to myself for a bit! You've started to cuddle up to me intentionally (when you are still for 30 seconds) and you are still a total mummies boy. You very clearly reach for me now and have this sweet little look of content on your face when you shuffle into your little koala position on my hip. 

I've had such a great couple of weeks with you. Its been like having a little bestie - we share fruit toast and juice when we go out and about. We stop and make faces in mirrors when we go shopping. We go to the aquatic centre and you squeal with delight at the water fountains and the kids swimming around you. Its been amazing. I love you my little monkey. Now please just work on your sleeping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me up!